Our anniversary trip to Daniel’s Summit Lodge
I made it to six years of marriage, and yes it was hard so I am PROUD!! We went to Daniel’s Summit Lodge which I was surprised to find that most people that I talk to have no idea where that is. It is located right before Strawberry Reservoir on the summit as you drive up the canyon, which is of course called Daniel’s. We stayed in a suite that had a king bed, jetted tub, balcony, robes, fridge and HBO!! Actually interestingly enough all rooms have a balcony and cable. It is so beautiful up there, I just love it. We also sat and relaxed in the hot tub and swam a little. I love that the pool is in a glass building so that you can see out and there is no hours on the pool since it is free standing building so we could hot tub at any hour. They have horseback riding, 4-wheeling, and ATV riding, but we just relaxed because I needed that and so did Eric. The rooms aren’t that expensive at all, it would cost more to go to the anniversary inn, and they have an on site restaurant so you can eat great all of the time. The restaurant was the most expensive part, and since you are in the middle of no where, you really have no other choice unless you drive the 23 miles to Heber.
We drove down to Strawberry reservoir, and went to the visitor’s center. We also walked the boardwalk that is located right by there. We got lucky because it was overcast because before that it was so so hot. We went driving there on the dirt roads so that Eric could look for deer. We actually didn’t see any at the reservoir. On one of the road we did however find tons of cows, which stood in the way on the road and wouldn’t let us cross that easy. In the end it was worth the drive there was a great view, and lots of bugs and squirrels. Eric would tell you I never saw the view because I refused to get out of the jeep because of the bugs. Let’s just say that I don’t camp, that explains it all.
We also went on a hike at Daniels, but since it was so hot we didn’t go very far at all. I did pick myself some wildflowers, and enjoyed getting out. I am not going to lie I also enjoyed my free time away from Jaxon, it was nice to have him baby sat by his Grandma. I missed him, but quickly remembered that I had this time away to love him even more. I had pity and guilt that I left him that I bought him a shirt at Strawberry reservoir that read “I might be small, but I am a keeper” it had a small fish on it. I had a great time all together and loved getting away for a little bit. I love you Eric, Happy Anniversary!
I made it to six years of marriage, and yes it was hard so I am PROUD!! We went to Daniel’s Summit Lodge which I was surprised to find that most people that I talk to have no idea where that is. It is located right before Strawberry Reservoir on the summit as you drive up the canyon, which is of course called Daniel’s. We stayed in a suite that had a king bed, jetted tub, balcony, robes, fridge and HBO!! Actually interestingly enough all rooms have a balcony and cable. It is so beautiful up there, I just love it. We also sat and relaxed in the hot tub and swam a little. I love that the pool is in a glass building so that you can see out and there is no hours on the pool since it is free standing building so we could hot tub at any hour. They have horseback riding, 4-wheeling, and ATV riding, but we just relaxed because I needed that and so did Eric. The rooms aren’t that expensive at all, it would cost more to go to the anniversary inn, and they have an on site restaurant so you can eat great all of the time. The restaurant was the most expensive part, and since you are in the middle of no where, you really have no other choice unless you drive the 23 miles to Heber.
We drove down to Strawberry reservoir, and went to the visitor’s center. We also walked the boardwalk that is located right by there. We got lucky because it was overcast because before that it was so so hot. We went driving there on the dirt roads so that Eric could look for deer. We actually didn’t see any at the reservoir. On one of the road we did however find tons of cows, which stood in the way on the road and wouldn’t let us cross that easy. In the end it was worth the drive there was a great view, and lots of bugs and squirrels. Eric would tell you I never saw the view because I refused to get out of the jeep because of the bugs. Let’s just say that I don’t camp, that explains it all.
We also went on a hike at Daniels, but since it was so hot we didn’t go very far at all. I did pick myself some wildflowers, and enjoyed getting out. I am not going to lie I also enjoyed my free time away from Jaxon, it was nice to have him baby sat by his Grandma. I missed him, but quickly remembered that I had this time away to love him even more. I had pity and guilt that I left him that I bought him a shirt at Strawberry reservoir that read “I might be small, but I am a keeper” it had a small fish on it. I had a great time all together and loved getting away for a little bit. I love you Eric, Happy Anniversary!
1 comments:
Happy Anniversary!! Sounds like you had a nice time. What beautiful scenery--Love, The Lunt Family :)
Post a Comment