Tuesday, April 15, 2008

HURT AGAIN!

So two weeks ago I woke up and was unable to move my shoulder. It was frozen stiff, and when I tried to move it the pain was so so unbearable. Come to find out it was due to over use, basically from doing hair so many years. I thought that by the end of the day it would go away, I was so wrong. When I went to the doctor he called it supraspinatous tendonitis. I soon realized that I couldn’t lift my right arm at all, which means that I couldn’t cut hair!!!! I was devastated! The good thing about working at JCPenney is that I have benefits there, so they paid for me to sit home for two weeks. The not so funny part is that they use my vacation pay first, and then I tap into disability. Well, I had 60 hours of vacation so NO VACATIONS for me, it is all used up. I wasted it sitting home in a horrible amount of pain. So now I am back at work, the doctor has me going to physical therapy. So he said I could go back to work even though I am in a horrible amount of pain still.
My clients have been so so patient. I still can’t fully lift my arm, and so I stand on a stool, and cut hair. Then I tell everyone this story every time they sit in my chair. I love my clients.
I am in so much fear of this happening again, that I am following whatever the physical therapist says to a tee. I am getting better, but the process is long for me. I hope that this never happens again. By the way my cyst is back in my hand and I'm going to need surgery, again. It is also caused by over use of my hand.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Mandi
I am so sorry you are in pain. It may be time for a career change (even though your one of the best hair dressers out there). I hope you get feeling better. WE LOVE YOU.

Jamie said...

Mandi
I am so sorry you are in pain. It may be time for a career change (even though your one of the best hair dressers out there). I hope you get feeling better. WE LOVE YOU.

Mommy said...

I hope it all works. I am sorry to hear about it.