Monday, July 30, 2007

Car accident







I had no where to go…but under him!!

I was in a car accident July 24th 2007. I am still in lots of pain. I am suffering from horrible headaches, neck pain, and back pain. I can’t stand it, I have been so lucky my whole life that my back has never hurt. Well, not now. The insurance company ( Allstate) has been great so far. Better than Great!! They still haven’t told me who was at fault so far, I know it wasn’t me but that doesn’t mean anything. I am just lucky that I was on my way to work so Jaxon wasn’t in the car with me he was at the babysitter. I will be going to the chiropractor sometime this week.

It seems so weird, I was driving straight down main street in Lehi which is a two lane highway (meaning traffic coming at you in the other lane). When he pulled out in front of me, from a stop sign at one car length, while I was traveling the speed limit 45 mph. It was a truck, I went underneath him. My air bags never deployed. He turned right, to be going the same direction as me in front of me, and then he stopped for no reason. Meaning he was to yield to me, who was on coming traffic. He claimed it was traffic that made him stop, but I carried him for twenty feet on my hood, AND GUESS WHAT HE NEVER HIT ANYONE!!! I had no where to go. There was a parked car on the right and on coming traffic on the left. So my only choice was to hit him. The problem was I rear ended him so 90 % of traffic accidents like that are your fault. Unless you prove it otherwise with out a doubt. I tried flagging the lady to stop behind me for two reasons so she wouldn’t hit me, and to be a witness, but she just went around me. The funny part is that as soon as I saw him pull out, I slammed on my brakes, if I wouldn’t of done that I would of hit his back panel of his truck bed behind his tire. Then none of this would have been a question of who's fault it was.
I will keep everyone posted how all of this turns out. It also turns out that he works for Lehi city so American fork city is investigating to keep it from favoritism.

0 comments: