Thursday, October 1, 2009

New Mexico September 10th-13th






I had an entire week off of work; you know use the vacation or lose it. I got my house clean so out of boredom I decided to leave to Albuquerque, New Mexico to visit my grandma. I took my mother in fear of driving alone for 11 hours with a 2 year old. I left Thursday September 10th at 6:00am and we arrived at our hotel at about 5:00pm. I drove half way there and my mom drove the other half. We even had a shopping trip at wal-mart on the way, because I realized that in my haste to leave I had left Jaxon’s shoes at home.
We had to stay in a hotel because of two reasons. My grandma’s house is in disarray so there is no room at all, plus it needs some cleaning because I am scared of bugs. We stayed at the Days Inn only 4 miles from her house.
MOM GOT UP AT 6:00am!!!!!!
On Friday My mom, Rodney (my uncle- mom’s brother), Grandma and Jaxon got into the car. I wanted to go to a museum that I remembered as a child. My mother always took us there whenever we would visit my grandma. Rodney is in school so he couldn’t go. My grandma hated my driving so unless Rodney was with us in the car, I drove; otherwise he drove my car most of the time. In my defensive I didn’t mean to run the red light, the laws are different there. I was waiting at the red light to make a right turn, I was stopped watching traffic, once it was clear I turned. Apparently it is against the law to make a right on a red in Albuquerque, I only know because it upset my grandma that I had turned. It isn’t against the law in Utah so how was I supposed to know. Needless to say I got banned from driving my own car. We ended up going to a museum on campus (university of New Mexico) that Rod had told us about, then to my museum. In between we also visited old town and had lunch with my uncle Randy (mom’s brother) and his cute girlfriend Cindy. That was fun.
I really enjoyed the museum I wanted to go to, the museum of natural history. We saw a Mummy show there too which I really enjoyed. Jaxon slept through it. My favorite part was the volcano that you can walk through; it was still there at the museum.
MOM GOT UP AT 6:00am!!!! Damn her!!!
The next day it was decided that we (mom, Rod and Jaxon- Grandma was at the temple) go to the state fair. Not my idea of fun. I got to see Valerie, (my aunt,) Jessica, (my cousin), and Jeremy (my cousin) at the Fair. We rode the bus to the fair, Jaxon loved riding the bus. We had Navajo bread, yummy! We saw Indians dance then saw a mariachi band. This pretty much took the whole day. Lame. We rode the bus back, Jaxon slept through that ate then swam at the hotel.
The next morning we left at 7:00am, I did all of the driving home so I speed the whole way, and that was my trip. I was so sleep deprived from my vacation that I needed a vacation from my vacation. TOO Bad I had used up all of my vacation.

1 comments:

Jamie said...

Sounds like you had fun. I know how much you love your grandma, so I am sure you enjoyed spending time with her.

I totally understand needing a break from vacation.