Thursday, October 28, 2010

The last four months

I haven’t blogged for four months now. I had my pretty baby and love her dearly! The other part of my life has taken over; I have been suffering from severe postpartum depression. I haven’t talked about it because of the attention it might bring. I can barely handle the days and couldn’t handle more than that. I returned to work and that has helped me a lot, but this hasn’t ended the post partum everyday is still a battle. I was so scared to ask for help, only because I went to the doctor and asked him to help, he wanted to lock me up in the Looney bin and take my children away. He made me so so afraid. I have lived this way now since Katelyn’s birth, with the burden to constantly fake every day. I have the fear if I don’t everything in my life will be ruined. I FEEL SO OVERWHELMED! Between the fear of losing my house if I don’t go to work, to constant calls from creditors from the hospital bills, I feel so alone.
I went to get help from my mother she has been nothing but a complete disappointment. She is so self absorbed in her life that she could care less about me or my children. As soon as anyone comes around she puts on a show of what a great mother and grandmother she is. FRAUD!!
My grandma Watson has been a wonderful help, I couldn’t have gotten this far without her. Anytime I have called her she comes immediately. I am so thankful for her. I need her more than she will know. I have actually thanked her numerous times, but I don’t know if she realized what she has done for me. The hard part is that she is a snow bird and went to Yuma, AZ as she always does for the winter. So now she is gone til spring.
There are so many days I can’t stop crying and thinking that if my kids weren’t here I would be dead. I have lost my will to live. I yell at myself in my head and say what is so hard about your life, knock it off. It doesn’t work, but I try to remind myself it could be so much worse in hopes to make it positive. I pray incessantly for relief from the sadness. I have lost friendships because sometimes I just can’t talk to anyone. I also don’t call people because I can’t bring people down, I hate being like this why would I make anyone else like this. I have had some individuals be super mean to me, I have been told to just buck up, don’t you think I would if I could…They put me on Zoloft (anti- depressant) but it just made me more down on my down days. That was listed as a side effect, it could cause suicide. That is really funny if you think about it because I was taking it for that reason, to prevent suicide.
I was writing this to hopefully have people understand what I am going through right now so I don’t lose anymore friendships. I am trying so hard, and it feels like it isn’t good enough. I used to be this fun person, WHERE IS SHE??? I feel so lost and afraid. I want this to end soon. Please world just try to be patient with me.
I have been using google to find out how to start a foundation for women with post partum depression, for them the mothers who can’t handle life because it is a real thing. I feel for these women, I am one of them. I tell myself I just can’t give up…….




http://www.postpartum.net

1 comments:

Erica Jayne East said...

I found you! I'm so glad that we were able to talk about this today. I'm proud of you for trying to help other women in similar situations. Hang in there. This too shall pass.