I felt my first earthquake last night, at 1:08 am on Tuesday morning. Eric had got up to go to the bathroom and I was lying in bed. At first I thought that Eric was shaking the bed, but when I looked over he was trying to keep his balance, it woke Jaxon up to. Eric and I then realized that we had just experienced an earthquake. I said to Eric get Jaxon and stand in the doorway. It raddled our house quite a bit and some lose things fell. I was frightened at the time, but I think it is really cool now. I called KSL news to report it and it made me feel better to find out that many people were calling to report it. I knew then we weren’t crazy, there really was an earthquake.
Seismologists at the University of Utah say the 2.9 magnitude quake was centered 4 miles northwest of Saratoga Springs. I live half a mile from Saratoga Springs. So it was close to our house the origin point. There has been three earthquakes within the last month in Utah.
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Earthquake
Posted by Mandi at 1:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
so crazy, Eric e-mailed me this morning to see if i had felt anything... im too far from here, i didnt feel a thing. Glad your all okay!
Post a Comment